Walk Against Breast Cancer

by Charlene G. Samoy (This article was first published at ICancerPoint)

Breast cancer can be a threat to a person’s life. But anybody can overcome struggles like breast cancer. You just need to fight it.

  A close friend of mine had breast cancer about three years ago. Her husband works abroad and she was left to care for their three teenage boys. The cancer did not put down her spirit. With the encouragement and help of several persons around her, she survived. Right now, she is busy tending to the needs of her fourth baby, a girl.

 Her story inspires others who are in the same situation. Everybody can become the next victim of breast cancer. Being knowledgeable about it will be a great advantage to you.

 What is breast cancer?

Breast cancer is the result of the abnormal growth of cells in the mammary glands or in the tubes where the milk passes through. This abnormal cell growth affects and spreads into other cells. About 90% of cancer cases are due to aging. The other 5 to 10% are due to inherited genetic mutation. There are nine stages starting from stage O when the cancer cells did not yet spread to other cells. Stage four is the worst stage. This is characterized by the enlargement and spread of the damaged cells to other body parts.

 What are the symptoms of breast cancer?

You have to take note of these changes in your body that may become symptoms of breast cancer. When you experience pain in the breast area, lumps, nipple discharge, changes in color, irritation, or swelling in the breast skin, it’s time to check with a doctor. You will then go through a mammogram screening. If there is a lump that could be cancerous, you will undergo other testings.

 What can you do?

The best thing to do as either a breast cancer survivor, or an advocate for cancer prevention and awareness, is to join a breast cancer walk. This event helps breast cancer survivors, like my friend, to share their stories and become an encouragement. Breast cancer walk also helps to raise funds for breast cancer programs.

 What is the benefit of breast cancer walk?

There are several companies and organizations who take part in many breast cancer walks around the world. They either support by providing monetary aids, or allow their employees to join the walk. The money raised is for breast cancer organizations. These are to fund studies, programs, treatments, and other endeavors against breast cancer.

  Every person’s involvement is a fight against breast cancer. The walk which takes three to five miles, demonstrates fighting strides to end this cancer. For years now, the breast cancer walks are growing, advancing, and winning. Your involvement will make it move faster and stronger. Join a breast cancer walk now!


2 thoughts on “Walk Against Breast Cancer

Add yours

  1. great job mam charlene!!!,,i cherish you and everything about you. Thank you for being there for me and for sharing my life.thanks to you for being there during my time of need. love u in the LORd!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: